WHAT I LOVE: An “Essay”
Life is full of negativity. Every day we’re bombarded by messages about what people don’t like about one another—or worse, what they don’t like about themselves. Rather than focus on the negatives, we’re going to focus on what we LOVE. There is no “right” or “wrong” way to do this creative writing assignment. The only requirement is that you choose something you actually love (…and a few others).
Your “essay” should do the following things:
- Be about something you love. Anything.
- Music (an artist/band, an instrument, a genre, a concert, etc.)
- Movies/TV shows (characters, the stories, etc.)
- An activity (drawing, going to the beach, playing basketball, riding your dirt bike, cutting the grass, playing Xbox)
- A person/group of people (family, friends, celebrities)
- Food (tacos, pizza, orange juice, fried chicken, spaghetti)
- Electronics (iPhone, laptop, selfie stick…)
- A moment (important holiday, birthday, vacation, etc.)
- Include as many of the 5 senses as possible: sight, sound, touch, taste, smell
- Explain at least 2 emotions (how does the thing you love make you feel?)
- Follow the “I love…” pattern
Other important things to note…
- You will use Thinglink for this assignment. Use code: J58RNQ to join Mrs. Sager/per.2 group
- You must have at least 5 clickable elements on your Thinglink creation.
- At least one element must include a written paragraph of at least 8 sentences describing the thing you love and include lots of good adjectives, verbs, and adverbs.
This project is worth 50 points.
- Grammar/mechanics (5 points)
- Effectively appeal to all 5 senses (10 points)
- Good use of adjectives, verbs and adverbs (10 points)
- 5 clickable elements (10 points)
- elements properly represent the thing you love (10 points)
- interesting (5 points)
OCT 10 Monday: Figure out Thinglink, play around with it
OCT 11 Tuesday: Begin forming your Thinglink
OCT 12 Wednesday: Finish project in class/begin presentations?
OCT 13 Thursday: Finish presentations/debrief
Click here to view an example: https://www.thinglink.com/scene/841413328969400320